Missouri voters approved the Puppy Mill Cruelty Prevention Act

Other states are acting. What about you in yours?

This past November, Missouri voters approved the Puppy Mill Cruelty Prevention Act, a citizen's initiative to protect puppy mill dogs from cruel and inhumane conditions.  Unfortunately, lawmakers have filed legislation to overturn the initiative (Proposition B) and thwart the voters will. If this act by the legislature isn't stopped not only will the cruel and inhumane treatment of puppy mill dogs continue, but the voice of hundreds of thousands of Missouri voters will have been silenced.

We cannot let this happen many thousands of dogs are depending on Prop B.  I am writing to ask you to take just a moment to contact your elected officials and speak out against this.  Please let your elected officials know that voters in Missouri have spoken and they want to protect dogs in puppy mills. The legislature should not interfere with Proposition B.

Click here to learn more and take action:
http://my.yesonpropb.com/o/17003/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=5

Care2 Action Alert - Lacey

care2 petitionsite actionAlert

Help Convict Lacey's Abuser
Lacey deserves justice.
Take Action!

Lacey, a seven pound mixed breed, was found tied up in her owner's backyard. She was in terrible shape, having been beaten with a golf club and sprayed with bleach.

This crime, along with similar animal abuses, needs to be taken seriously. Unfortunately though, animal abuse laws are not always strong enough, and it's easy for people like Lacey's owner to get away their crimes.

That's why one Care2 member started a petition to demand justice for Lacey.

Below is a message from the petition's author:

With this petition on behalf of Lacey, we hope to give law enforcement, police and the District Attorney's office an idea of how the public feels about such acts of violence towards animals. We also hope to raise awareness of the link between these crimes and other types of violent crimes.

Please consider signing this petition.

If you would like to sign the petition or learn more, click here. »

Thanks for making a difference!

Samer
ThePetitionSite

Take action link: http://www.care2.com/go/z/e/AgbSB/zKZP/AvzNh

New building at the shelter

Work is underway on a new 50x74 building at the shelter. We are very excited. Please call if you would like to help.

UPDATE 2/8/11: Check on the progress --> Click here.

See also this article.

Pet Friendly Housing

From: Katie Reardon
Date: Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 2:02 PM
Subject: Pet Friendly Housing

Hello,

My name is Katie Reardon, and I created http://www.myapartmentmap.com/pet_friendly/  MyApartmentMap is a housing search web site, we have pet friendly listings all over the USA.

I was wondering if you would add us to your list of resources on your website. I think it would help people from giving up their pet due to moving.

I created this web site after searching for an apartment that would accept my Jack Russell Daisy, and my Beagle Jerry. As a pet owner I found it difficult to find pet friendly apartments, and wanted to help other pet owners find a home quick and easy. We also promote "Adoption." A lot of times when people are moving to a new home, they have a new furry friend in mind. They may even be searching for pet friendly apartments with the plan of getting a pet soon. We want to promote adopting instead of the local puppy store.

Thank you,

--
Katie Reardon
MyApartmentMap, LLC

Jan 8 is $6 night at Legion

$6.00 night sponsored by Danville American Legion,
175 Northumberland Street
Danville, PA 17821-1508 (map)
(570) 275-3896

Doors open at 5:30pm
Meal served from 6:00-9:00pm - Music will follow.
Great time for all.

Call 784-3669 for more information.

View Larger Map